Xml File Error

David Raymond David.Raymond at tomtom.com
Tue Jul 30 10:48:05 EDT 2019

Is that the correct path to the file, without any typos?

os.path.abspath and os.path.join don't do any checking on whether their resulting path exists. So if there is a typo or error in your path it doesn't get reported until you actually try and open it by running ElementTree.parse

You can check if your path is ok using either os.path.exists() or os.path.isfile() before trying to actually open it to see if it is already there.