book on modern Python

beliavsky at aol.com beliavsky at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 18:36:29 EDT 2019

I did some basic programming in Python 2 and now use Python 3. All I know about Python 3 is that print is a function requiring parentheses.

What is a good book on modern Python that covers topics such as type annotations? I know of

Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming
by Luciano Ramalho (2015)

Introducing Python: Modern Computing in Simple Packages
by Bill Lubanovic (2014)

but wonder if the language has evolved significantly since they were published. I see that a 2nd edition of "Introducing Python" is due this year.