Proper shebang for python3

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Jul 22 19:16:18 EDT 2019

On 23Jul2019 00:19, אורי <uri at speedy.net> wrote:
>We are using `#!/usr/bin/env python`, for example on
>https://github.com/speedy-net/speedy-net/blob/master/speedy/core/manage.py
>
>For bash we are using `#!/usr/bin/env bash`. I don't know if those are the
>best but they work.

Worthwhile. Plenty of platforms do not install bash in /bin.

Though personally I only VERY RARELY want bash for a shell script.
/bin/sh is portable and the extras in bash have relatively little value
in scripting; by the time your script really wants them it is usually
worth moving to a more expressive language. Like Python.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>