Google Search results pointing to Python 2 (most of the time)

Santiago Basulto santiago.basulto at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 18:50:05 EDT 2019

Hello community, this is my first email to this list. Sorry if this sounds
dumb, but anytime I do a google search I notice that the first result is
from Python 2 docs. I always have to remind my students about it, and
sometimes I even trip myself.

[image: image.png]

With the deprecation of Py2 so close, wouldn't it be preferable to try
having Python 3 ranking first? I'm not a SEO expert, by maybe adding a
warning title with a link to the corresponding Py3 document might help.
Here's an example:

[image: image.png]

This might require a little bit more thought and some research with someone
that knows about SEO. I just want to start the discussion.

Thanks!

--
Santiago Basulto.-
Up!