What's wrong on using Popen's communicate method?

jfong at ms4.hinet.net jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Sun Jul 7 07:44:59 EDT 2019

eryk sun於 2019年7月7日星期日 UTC+8下午3時51分57秒寫道:
> On 7/6/19, jfong at ms4.hinet.net <jfong at ms4.hinet.net> wrote:
> >
> > I turn off the anti-virus and tried v3.6.8, get the same result. Usually the
> > anti-virus program will warn me if something was blocked.
>
> In case the executable is corrupt, clear your browser cache and
> download the 32-bit version again:
>
> https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.8/python-3.6.8.exe
>
> Try to run the installer from an elevated command prompt. If it fails
> to run, check again for log files in your %TEMP% directory, which
> typically expands to "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp".
>
> If the installer is still not running -- not even enough to create a
> single log file -- then apparently something is configured incorrectly
> or missing on your computer that's causing it to fail hard. I'd have
> to run it under a debugger to find the cause.
>
> Anyway, if you're stuck with ancient 3.4, you can at least install
> "pywin32-221.win32-py3.4.exe" from the old SourceForge repo:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20221

I had overlooked your suggestion of installing it under elevated command prompt. At the last moment I was noticed and gave it a try. Guess what? I run Python-3.6.8.exe successfully and installed it. A real surprise!

Thank you for everything you had done to help.

--Jach