Looking for tips and gotchas for working with Python 3.5 zipapp feature

Simon simon.pomarede at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 11:53:25 EDT 2019

> The other main limitation (not so much a gotcha as a consequence of
> how the OS works) is that you can't load C extensions (pyd or so
> files) from a zipfile. If you need to do that, you'll have to bundle
> the C extensions to work around that limitation, but that's pretty
> advanced usage.

Very interesting post (and one of the only ones on the internet about that... that is why I am posting here even though the thread is quite old).

I am exactly in the "pretty advanced usage": I want to create a zip that embed numpy. In this case, I have to bundle the C extension. How can I do that?

Thx,
Simon