Trying to figure out the data type from the code snippet

Chupo bad_n_mad at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 14:50:37 EST 2019

In article <67d5c4bc-7212-43d0-b44f-7f22efffa17c at googlegroups.com>,
Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> says...

<snip>

> I'm impressed! But you're asking basic questions that someone with your resume should either (1) already know, or (2) be competent enough to find on their own. Now don't get me wrong. My intention is not to ridicule you. But, with your resume, you should be embarrassed to ask such basic questions. You are obviously not an idiot. If you can do what you claim you can do, then you are intelligent and driven
person. There are redeemable qualities. Don't waste them. And don't undercut your reputation by appearing to be a hapless rube.

I was thought there aren't stupid questions, just stupid answers and I
for sure won't apologize for asking any question. If someone things the
question I asked is stupid they can ignore it. I am not affraid of
losing my reputation by asking a question.

> Hmm. I don't see anything here that a child couldn't be taught to do.

You failed to see the point of the code snippet I pasted, let me
explain what was my intention to show with that code:

Since I said I wrote a driver for 3D printer and since there is:

from Printer3D import Head

at the beginning of the code and there is:

hd = Head(layer)

below - from just those two lines you could conclude I wrote Head class
meaning I *am* aware what object is. And since hd.printLayer()
obviously does print a layer of the material, that means my 3D printer
driver is working well. I assumed you could imagine that the driver for
driving the head of 3D printer is not just a few lines of code, that it
works in real-time and that it interacts with the hardware.

> Your reseme may be impressive...

What I mentioned is not my resume, I just mentioned what I, knowing
only Python basics, did using Python. My resume includes:

Embedded devices for industry process control automation (temperature,
fluid level, time, data from PID controller, ?); VFD control systems with
complex menu structure, user friendly interface, failsafe and data retention; IoT
applications; multi-channel sound generation; bike computer; remote data acquisition
over RF; data logging; ERP software coding (C#); client&web service sw for warehouse
handheld data acquisition system (SOAP requests), software for CNC machines duty
simplifications and many more

I am an expert on embedded systems design with more than 50,000 lines of C code
built-in in various working firmwares. I both designed and built many embedded
electronic devices based on various microcontrollers doing all the production stages,
designing circuit schematics, calculating the elements, designing printed circuit boards,
generating Gerber files according to the manufacturing requirements, soldering
components (both TH and SMD) and coding&debugging the firmwares. By utilizing GCC
based toolchain and Bare Metal Programming, developing my own libraries and
optimizing the most critical routines by writing them in assembler I can often design the
devices based on 16 MHz or even just 8 MHz Atmel AVR line of microcontrollers, where
others would resort to using 72 MHz ARM or even more powerful processors. Although
my carefully optimized devices usually outperform the devices based on even much
more powerful hardware, I am using the newest generation of microcontrollers such as
ESP8266 and ESP32 as well. I learnt Z80 assembler when I was 10 and after years of
coding in both Z80 and 6502 assembler it was easy to start using Microchip's PIC
microcontrollers. Later on I switched to Atmel's (now Microchip) microcontrollers and to
the newest ones I mentioned before.

I can start using completely new family of microcontrollers and completely new
toolchains in a matter of days. I coded all sorts of SPI, I2C, UART, 1-Wire etc. and
custom communication routines, both using the hardware peripherals and/or bit banging
algorithms, hardware/software PWM, efficient debounce algorithms, multitasking
environments, routines for precise measuring of pulse lengths, complex ISR routines
with carefully calculated T-states (cycles) per pass, DDS algorithms, graphic display
libraries, libraries for communicating with various devices (e.g. NRF24L01+), EEPROM
wear leveling routines and many more. Furthermore, I have a vast experience with
reverse engineering .hex files extracted from microcontrollers which allows me to easily
proof the assembly code generated by the compiler in order to - if necessary - rewrite
the code in a more efficient way, while my deep understanding of serial and parallel
programming protocols, bootloaders, JTAG debugging and inner workings of a
microcontroller allows me to cope with all kinds of problems that could be met while
developing embedded devices (e.g. noisy environments, black-outs, brown-outs, BUS
contention, contact bounce, ?). Additionally, I have a reasonable knowledge of Genetic
and other AI algorithms (pathfinding, game AI, ?).

To name just a few.

> But your Python skills, are not.

Unfortunately they are not. But have I ever said they are?

However I did use C++, Java, JavaScript, PHP, C#, Perl, LISP, Bash,
GLSL, (X)HTML, CSS, ... And, yes, I did use Python :-)

ps
I strongly suggest you reading some basic netiquette article regarding
posting on newsgroups - specifically the parts about recommended line
lengths when posting articles, this one is good enough:

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php
--
Let There Be Light
Custom LED driveri prema specifikacijama

Chupo