Problem in Installing version 3.7.2(64 bit)

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Wed Jan 30 07:48:47 EST 2019

songbird <songbird at anthive.com> writes:

>   my understanding is that this list is actually
> several combined services (i'm not sure how the
> mailing list operates or how it filters or rejects
> things) and then there is the usenet list comp.lang.python
> (which is how i see articles and replies).

I'm aware but the message was sent to the mailing list and it's the
mailing list that removes attachments. I suppose some Usenet servers
might strip or reject articles that look like binaries, don't really
know. I do think it extremely unlikely a beginner would send a Usenet
post except maybe via Google Groups but that interface doesn't do
attachments AFAIK.

As the mailing list has moderators and they have recently flexed their
muscles by outright banning people I'm hoping they would stop these
attachment posts too. This would stop the oft repeated responses that
attachments are stripped which I find annoying.