Python stopped installing packages

Hamish Allen 101929.ha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:19:30 EST 2019

Hi,

Recently I’ve been trying to code a Discord bot in Python 3.6.2, then I realised that some features of discord.py were only available in Python 3.7+ (as seen here on the right near the top https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio.html), so I downloaded 3.7.2. After correctly changing the environmental variables to have Python 3.7.2 before Python 3.6.2, I tried installing (for installing I was using cmd ‘pip install discord.py’, I’m not aware of any other way to install packages) discord.py onto Python 3.7.2, but after a few seconds there would be a whole page of red error text (attached), then it would say successfully installed. I tried importing it in code, but it would return errors implying it was incorrectly installed. I asked one of my friends for some help. He suggested uninstalling Python 3.6.2 and 3.7.2 and reinstalling Python 3.7.2. I thought this was a pretty good idea so I did it. Discord.py still refuses to be installed. I tried installing some of the packages I had in 3.6.2, but they had the same sort of problem. I’ve tried running the installer to repair the files, but that didn’t work. I would appreciate if you could help me. I got discord.py from here: https://github.com/Rapptz/discord.py I’ve tried the 3 commands in the Installing section and I’ve tried pip install discord.py.

Thanks,
Hamish