Exercize to understand from three numbers which is more high

Ian Clark ianhclark510 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:42:19 EST 2019

threw this together, let me know what you think

num_list=[]
name_list =
['first','second','third','fourth','fifth','sixth','seventh','eighth','ninth','tenth']
name_it = name_list.pop(0)

while len(num_list) < 3:
 try:
  num_list.append( int( input(f"Insert the {name_it} number: ")))

 except ValueError:
  print('Not a number, try again!')
 else:
  name_it = name_list.pop(0)

print(f"Max number is: {sorted(num_list)[-1]}")