preferences file

Mon Jan 28 02:33:45 EST 2019

On 25/01/19 4:22 PM, Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019, Dave wrote:
>> I'm doing a small application and want to add user preferences.  Did some
>> googling to see if there are standard Python ways/tools, but it seems not so
>> much.  My specific questions are:
>>
>> 1. Best practices for a user preference file/system?
>
> Generally I put them in the user's $HOME or $HOME/etc directory
> with appropriate permissions unless working in a virtual
> environement.

Good idea.

What about running a multi-tenant application (for multiple users who
are not also system-users) - cf them logging-on to run their own. It is
appropriate, possibly even "required" to keep Fred's config file,
reports, graphs, logs, etc; separate from Barney's. Ideally they will
not be sub-dirs of the application/package.

--
Regards =dn