python 3.7.2

Sarah P spaddie at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 26 10:06:10 EST 2019

Hi,

I’m having problems installing and using python as it defaults into  [ ...users/ user/appdata/local/programs/] etc  etc, its about 9 locations in all  but there is no route to ‘app data’, the trail is lost at this point. Its such an obscure location and I cannot find it anywhere on windows, even though it is working okay, I’m worried I will lose files.

I cannot transfer files saved on python 3.4 to the new python3.7.2 as I cannot find the new version on my computer. In the installer it defaults to this location and there is no option to install it anywhere else (greyed out box). It says I need write permissions to change the location but no more information about how to do this.

Also, I thought it would be an add on, not a whole new download. What happens if I delete python 3.4 after I have downloaded 3.7.2? will I lose all my existing code samples?
I’m a student programmer and I can’t understand the highly technical, expert level documentation that might rectify the problem and there is only a small amount of information anyway.
I just want to download Python to C drive on windows, it should be really easy...

Hope you can help

Sarah Padden