preferences file

songbird songbird at anthive.com
Sat Jan 26 17:35:26 EST 2019

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:04:51AM -0500, songbird wrote:
>
>>   if the system doesn't have home directories but does have
>> /usr/local you can put things in there (just check to make
>> sure first that you aren't clobbering someone else's directories
>> or files :) ).
>
> I don't that that's typically writable to for any odd user.

  i'm assuming the person can get that changed if desired
or change it themselves.  if not, then it would be a
rather strange situation IMO, to not have a home directory
and to also not have some other place to put things.

  that said, i've not looked at an Android, IOS, Mac, or
Windows system in a long time and is why i've had to ask
here.  over the holidays i touched a Mac for the first
time in over 30yrs (no i don't get out much :) ) and
wished i had more time to look into it more but couldn't.
it would have been nice to answer some of my questions
by a few minutes of poking around.

  at the moment i'm assuming that recent Mac's should
be posix and have a $HOME and allow for $HOME/.local/share
and $HOME/.config

  songbird