Find and display gif file/s in web browser, according to the passed string, compared to files names in the folder.

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:28:43 EST 2019

On 2019-01-22, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 22:49:19 +0100, "pe3no at o2.pl" <pe3no at o2.pl> declaimed
> the following:
>
>>Character/s starting from 8 to "*" are called "InitialText".
>
> Illegal requirement in Windows, and likely also in Linux. "*" is
> considered a wild-card character by command line utilities.

In Linux, it quite legal to have a '*' character anywhere in a in a
filename.  In Linux, there are only two characters that are not allowed to
appear in filenames: '/' and '\x00'.

Using '*' as part of a filename does requires that you escape it if
writing in a language that regards it as a special character
(e.g. Bash or the 're' pattern language).  However, Linux doesn't
care, and neither does Python.

> Define reasonable... Charging as a contractor I'd likely be asking
> for $75-100 US$ PER HOUR SPENT.

That seems a bit low to me.  And don't forget the 4 hour minimum...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm rated PG-34!!
                                  at