Best practice for upgrading SQLite C library (DLL, SO, etc) that ships with Python

Malcolm Greene python at bdurham.com
Sat Jan 5 16:19:54 EST 2019

I noticed that there's a rather big gap between the latest version of
SQLite and the version of SQLite that ships with Python 3.6/3.7.
Is there best practice advice for upgrading the SQLlite C library that
ships with Python ... without causing havoc and mayhem on my system?
Don't do it - the universe will split
Do it - just replace the DLL/SO library in your Python
installation's folderDo it - but rename the updated version so as not to overwrite the
default SQLlite library?Do it - using some type of virtual environment magic so your change is
truly isolated Other?

Are there OS specific issues to be concerned with or is there a general
pattern here? I work across Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Thank you,
Malcolm