the python name

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jan 4 17:41:36 EST 2019

On Friday 04 January 2019 16:37:49 Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 8:31 AM Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
wrote:
> > On Friday 04 January 2019 13:22:03 Ian Kelly wrote:
> > > And then there was WATFIV, which stands for WATerloo Fortran IV.
> > > Because 5 == IV.
> >
> > Not what I was taught 75 years ago. Thats a brand new definition of
> > fuzzy logic. :(
>
> Maybe it's different if you went to an IV league school?

Dunno Chris, but I'd swear that was morning glory's blooming on the
fences surrounding that rural schoolhouse, rubble and mortered walls
about 3 feet thick, as long as we had coal for the warm morning stove,
we were fine.  Its sans roof now as it was thatched then, but that
building still stands with well over 100 years worth of Iowa winters on
its log now.  Near a ghost town called Pitzer in Madison County IA.
Yeah, the subject of the Eastwood and Streep movie called The Bridges of
Madison County. Many of them covered, been over most of them as a 5 year
old. And I remember the evening of Dec 7th, 1941. Listening to the news
on a battery radio, and watching my grandfather crying because he knew
lots of men would give their all before the as yet undeclared war was
over. There was never any doubt that we would win it, but for the city
folks, hard times were ahead with the rationing. Lots of fat folks got
in shape by 1945-46 whether they wanted to or not. Out on a farm, with a
good team of horses, we were somehat insulated from the hardships of the
war as we raised our own food. But I remember it well.

> ChrisA

Cheers, Gene Heskett