conda/anaconda and pip3 (pip)

Paulo da Silva p_s_d_a_s_i_l_v_a_ns at netcabo.pt
Fri Jan 4 13:06:25 EST 2019

Às 19:54 de 09/12/18, Tim Williams escreveu:
> On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 10:13:14 PM UTC-5, Monte Milanuk wrote:
>> Did you find any solution(s)?
>
> I usually just lurk and read on this list. I don't reply since there's usually more competent people that regularly post helpful answers. (I lurk to learn from them!)
>
> If no one's replied yet, I'll give it my 2 cents ...
>
> Without being a pip expert, I see from 'pip install -h' that you can specify where you want the package to be installed.
>
> Install Options:

>                               path or a VCS url.
>   -t, --target <dir>          Install packages into <dir>. By default this will not replace existing files/folders in
>                               <dir>. Use --upgrade to replace existing packages in <dir> with new versions.

> I'm thinking the the --target option may be the solution.

I don't think this is a solution.
It seems that there is no really solutions at all.
(ana)conda has its own dependencies management. Playing with pip just
seems to cause dependencies problems, eventually.
So far, I have not found any problems, probably because the newer
modules are backwards compatible.

Thanks for responding.