the python name

DL Neil PythonList at danceswithmice.info
Thu Jan 3 23:53:45 EST 2019

On 3/01/19 2:03 PM, Avi Gross wrote:
> Challenge: Can we name any computer language whose name really would suggest it was a computer language?
>
> I think the name is the least important aspect of a computer language.

Perhaps not.

If you subscribe to the wider StackOverflow Driven Design philosophy
(SODD), then it would be a kindness to choose the language's name so as
to be (close to) unique when entered as a search key.

Thus the OP's original assumption/confusion between a programming
language and a serpent; Java and a large island; right down to C, R, etc
which are too short to be usable search terms in most engines.

--
Regards =dn