Trying to read in data for a file to a python application

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Tue Feb 26 11:25:54 EST 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:51:38 +0000, Paul Sutton <zleap at disroot.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been trying to write a small application that is essentially user
> information application.
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zleap/AboutMe/master/Aboutme.py
>
> So far I have managed to write the data generated to a file, what I want
> to do now, is read this data back in when the user opens the program.

[snip]

> So far the GUI window appears but no widgets. So something is clearly
> getting stalled.
>
> To begin with If I can read the text in, and just display in the console
> this is a start, I can then see if I can figure out how to take that and
> insert the data in to the right places.

I'd suggest writing a terminal-based, non-GUI program to read
your data file and do something simple with it like displaying
it on the terminal.  The strategy is to tackle your problem (reading
back the data) in the simplest context possible.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.