Encrypting username and password within yaml file

Ravindranath Barathy sharingkapoting at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:07:45 EST 2019

Im trying to create a flask app that can take in a yaml file with the following values,

info:
  url: http://something.com/api
  username: user1
  password: secret

This yaml file is then read by the flask app and uses the info to interact with the api. Everything works file in dev but, when I want to put this in prod i dont want the username and password to be in clear text. Any recommendation where I can use encrypted values in the yaml and decrypt then in the server side?

What are also some other ways to achieve this if passing the username and password in the yaml is not recommended.