how to setup for localhost:8000

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sun Feb 24 22:46:16 EST 2019

On 24Feb2019 19:00, 0x906 <listsen at 0x906.com> wrote:
>>> I am working on window 7 and Python 3.5 to setup a localhost:8000
>>> but it did not get through as shown below:
>>> Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8000 ...
>>> But it did not show the results.
>>> Can someone help me how to setup the localhost?
>
>There is a chance that I missed something with the 0.0.0.0. but I am pretty sure that the localhost IP is 127.0.0.1.

Yeah. 0.0.0.0 is the wildcard address: the server will be listening on
all the available addresses (127.0.0.1 and also any LAN address).

Wen-Ruey may simply be missing that it is just running a web server. To
actually see anything she/he needs to hit it with a web browser, for
example with a URL like:

  http://127.0.0.1:8000/

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>