tkinter: variable width widgets in a grid?

Paul Sutton zleap at disroot.org
Sun Feb 24 12:28:21 EST 2019

On 24/02/2019 17:09, Rich Shepard wrote:
> When placing widgets (e.g., Entry, Spinbox) in a grid layout can a length
> (visible width) be specified? For example, a telephone extension is a
> shorter
> string than the number itself.
>
> What's a good resource (other than this mail list) for such questions?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

Hi

Not sure if this is helpful. I wrote a small application in python-tk,
and you can indeed do this

#define boxes
namebx = Text(window, height=1, width=20)
officebx = Text(window, height=1, width=20)

With the main project (parts are work in progress) here

https://github.com/zleap/AboutMe

hope this helps

regards

Paul