How to play with Python in an existing app

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 14:08:32 EST 2019

On 20/02/2019 18:56, edmer2210 at gmail.com wrote:
> So I'm a newbie to Python. I got access to an existing RavenDB and am supposed to install it on aws.amazon.com. If I succeed in setting this up, I am supposed to write some Python code.
>
> But how can I play with Python and test some querries without f#cking up the database? Because the RavenDB is working with an app that's currently being used by a few hundreds of people.

These two statements are a bit inconsistent.  If you are installing an
existing RavenDB on aws, other people cannot be using it on aws, surely?

At any rate, I think your instincts are right.  The only safe context
for experimenting in is an isolated one.  Your problem may be that a
local instance of RavenDB may act differently to a remote one, but
that's a bridge to cross when you come to it.  If you can get an
isolated instance on AWS, that would be ideal (but expensive).

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd