Unable to Install Python 3.7.2 64 bit version on my Windows 8.1

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Wed Feb 20 09:58:08 EST 2019

Is your .py file represented with the python icon? If not then you probably
have a path problem.

You can check to see if python is working if you copy a .py file into the
same folder where python.exe exists.  If you can execute the .py file from
that folder then and not elsewhere, it is probably a path problem.

>From my bad experience installing Python, apparently the installation did
not handle the path modification very well.  I had to add the python path
into the environment manually.

To check this, open a CMD screen and enter "path" as a command.  Check to
see if the path to Python is listed.

I struggled with this in my first installation of Python until I learned how
to manually modify the environment path.  I had to install python on a
second computer but did not remember what magic I had to do to get the
system to remember where the python.exe was located. So that second computer
still does not have it working properly.

Footnote:
Ultrasound Technician Asks Pregnant Woman If She'd Like To Know Baby's Name