The slash "/" as used in the documentation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:31:54 EST 2019

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 7:26 AM Avi Gross <avigross at verizon.net> wrote:
> If you want to talk about recent or planned changes, fine. But make that
> clear. I was talking about how in the past positional arguments did not have
> defaults available at the def statement level. I was talking about how use
> of the symbol "=" in the context of defining function parameters had
> multiple meanings. It not only established that the parameter accepted a
> keyword but also provided a default.

When was this the case? Positional arguments with defaults is a
concept known in MANY languages, including C. The equals sign has
nothing to do with keyword arguments.

Calling on the D'Aprano Collection of Ancient Pythons for confirmation
here, but I strongly suspect that positional arguments with defaults

ChrisA