Implement C's Switch in Python 3

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 03:45:14 EST 2019

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:40 PM DL Neil <PythonList at danceswithmice.info> wrote:
> This would normally see us coding "2019-02-03". The arrangement of
> larger to ever more precise time-units is very useful in databases and
> applications such as file-names, because it sequences logically.
>
> However, that is not the way 'normal people' like to write their dates.
> The trouble with 'common practice' though, is that it is localised.
> There is great confusion between the way different cultures (even
> staying within the English-speaking world) express dates. Is 3/2/2019
> referring to "3rd February" or "March 2nd"?

Which is why I always write dates in sorted format, usually eschewing
delimiters:

//CJA 20160511: Is this still happening? I don't remember seeing it in
three parts of forever.

That said, I am aware that I am not in any way a "normal person".
Using month names as per your other example is probably a fair
compromise with other humans.

ChrisA