Friday Finking: Source code organisation

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Dec 28 18:52:54 EST 2019

On 29/12/19 11:49 am, Chris Angelico wrote:
> "Define before use" is a broad principle that I try to follow, even
> when the code itself doesn't mandate this.

I tend to do this too, although it's probably just a habit
carried over from languages such as Pascal and C where you
have to go out of your way to get things in a different
order.

But strangely, I tend to do the opposite for methods of
a class. I don't really know why. My instinctive idea of
the "right" ordering just seems to flip over somehow
between modules and classes.

--
Greg