distinguishable matplotlib colours / symbols / line styles

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 21:44:53 EST 2019

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>         Not of use to the OP -- my suggestion would have been to generate an
> image with a grid of the "available" (or likely candidate colors), then
> play with desaturating it in something like PhotoShop to see what results.
> I had a web page (lost the web server privileges when I moved and my new
> internet service doesn't offer space) showing examples of various color to
> grey conversions. I moved it to an R-Pi and set up a dynamic DNS, but it
> seems something in my u-Verse service is blocking outside access to the
> R-Pi server (I'd swear it was working when I first set it up, but a few
> months later it started timing out from outside access -- strangely, I can
> use the dynamic DNS address, and access from the LAN side, so my router
> must be recognizing the IP as "itself" and redirecting to the internal
> server).

Does it need an actual server, or is it a static file? If it's all
static, toss it up onto GitHub Pages for easy hosting.

That issue with the port-80-redirect is one I've seen with a number of
home-grade routers, unfortunately. One possible sidestep would be to
run it on HTTPS, which the router most likely doesn't support,
although that would cost a bit of extra processing power -  how's an
R-Pi on that?

ChrisA