mysqlclient==1.4.6 none wheel doesn't work on ubuntu 18

Inada Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 01:44:18 EST 2019

Hi, mysqlclient maintainer is here.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 1:44 AM Mitesh Patel <miteshp at live.com> wrote:

> I was very confused, but I just kept the “none” wheel since that should be OS independent.

Why do you think it is OS independent?
libmysqlclient.so doesn't keep ABI compatibility.
You need to rebuild mysqlclient when the binary of the
libmysqlclient.so is different.

That's why I don't provide binary wheels for macOS and Linux.
Some people install MySQL from apt, brew, or mysql.com.
Some people use MariaDB instead of MySQL.
mysqlclient should be built on each own environment.

Regards,

--
Inada Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>