Python3 - How do I import a class from another file

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 16:29:28 EST 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 8:26 AM R.Wieser <address at not.available> wrote:

> Roel,
>
> > Rudy, unless/until you know the language inside out, you'd better listen
> > to Chris and other people here who spend a lot of time and effort in
> > helping people like you.
>
> I tried.   But what he said made no sense to me, and no matter how hard I
> tried I could not get Chris (or others for that matter) to understand.   And
> as you might have seen, I tried. In several different ways.
>
> The only thing I got was regurgitation, without /any/ attempt to figure out
> where my mistake would be.  Do you have /any/ idea how frustrating that that
> is ?   Do you ?

Given that you aren't listening when we point out where the mistake
is, yes, I know how frustrating it is.

> Also, if I would not care about it, why would I than not simply have stopped
> responding ?   Much easier than to try to get someone to understand.
>
> And as it turned out, I /didn't/ make a mistake.    The __del__ method /is/
> directly called as a result of the "del instance" command (and the reference
> count going zero).  No delay, and thus no "race condition" exist.

And once again, you are maintaining your assumptions despite being
very clearly shown that they are wrong. "del instance" does not
directly call __del__ any more than "instance = 1" does. You HAVE been
shown.

I'm done responding to you. I'm very close to blocking you in my mail client.

ChrisA