Python3 - How do I import a class from another file

R.Wieser address at not.available
Tue Dec 10 12:18:52 EST 2019

Chris,

> Okay. What should happen when you do this?
>
> x = 5
> del x
>
> Should the integer 5 be deleted?

Yep.

What do you think happens instead ?   I've not seen you explain or support
anything in that regard, not even now.

There is a bit of a problem with the above though: It has got zero to do
with the __del__ I was talking about.  I've not seen you point out any
mistake with my example (pointing out race contition problems) either.

Not a smooth move bro.  Not a smooth move /at all/ :-(

> So the language designers couldn't possibly have been so stupid
> as to do things this way, but you're going to ignore what they did?

Actually, they didn't.

Did you know you can disable the garbage collector ?  Well, you can.   Guess
what I saw when I disabled it, created a class instance and than deleted it
again.  Yup, the "print" command I placed in the "__del__" method did
actually show output - something that, according to you, could/should never
happen ...

Than again, I've used Python 3 for the test.  Maybe you're remembering
something from an older version ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser