Python3 - How do I import a class from another file

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at vub.be
Tue Dec 10 11:21:28 EST 2019

On 10/12/19 16:56, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 2:36 AM Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at vub.be> wrote:

>>> TBH both are plausible,
>> I find that strange because if you cleanup the object in that scenario
>> it should also
>> be cleaned up in the following.
>>
>>     def newbar():
>>         foo = Bar
>>         return foo
>>
>>     bar = newbar()
>>
>> foo goes out of scope, so that is equivallent to a del foo. But I wouldn't
>> want the object cleaned up because of that.
>>
> Going out of scope isn't the same as explicit destruction.

In the context of this discussion it is. We are talking about about
automatic cleanup
and whether it should happen immediatly after a name is no longer
available. or wait
until the object is garbage collected. The fact that I used a del for
illustrating the
possible problems is just a detail.

That other languages may have different semantics with the del statement
is irrelevant.

--
Antoon Pardon