Python3 - How do I import a class from another file

R.Wieser address at not.available
Tue Dec 10 07:44:29 EST 2019

Chris,

> Well, that's exactly what happens.

So, only the reference count gets lowered.  Yep, thats daft.

... unless you explain why it can only be done that way.

> Also, when you scorn something without knowing your facts,
> you tend to make yourself look like a fool :)

I tend to go with logic.   No logic => it most likely doesn't work that way.

Choosing to go with a delayed action like you say will, as I already
explained, create problems later on (race conditions everywhere).  And as I
do not think the designers of the language where that stupid I must
therefore reject your claim to what you think happens.

But, as you mentioned, I do not know (all) the facts.  Please do present
them.   Maybe there is a logic in there I do not yet see.

> Check out the 'with' statement.

I'm sorry, but nope.

Rule one: When debugging do *not* throw more stuff at a problem than what is
neccessary to make it show its ugly head.
Rule two: When in doubt, see rule One. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser