Aw: Re: Re: Re: stuck on time

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 09:39:25 EST 2019

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 1:36 AM Python <python at python.invalid> wrote:

> RobH wrote:

> >> Notice the "then" above ?
> >>
> >> More precisely: directly one after the other without leaving the
> >> interpreter ...
> >>
> >> Karsten
> >>
> > I'm not sure what you mean.
> >
> > Like this?
> >  >>>print_time()
> > Traceback (most recent call last)
> > File "stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> > File "stdin>", line 2, in print_time
> > File "stdin>", line 2, in print_time
> > File "stdin>", line 2, in print_time
> > [Previous line  repeated 996 more times]
> > RecursionError: maximum recursion depth excedded.
> >
> > Running the code in a shell , it is displaying the time and now also the
> > date .
> > Nothing else tho', as in no rectangle drawn
>
> Well... Maybe it's time to admit, Rob, that programming is not
> your thing.

That's rude and uncalled for, and since you're hiding behind
anonymity, you're painting your newsgroup server in a bad light (it's
proxad.net if anyone's curious).

Rob, I recommend working through a Python tutorial. There are some
subtleties to what you're doing that would best be discovered through
experimentation, and a good tutorial will help with that. Try this
one:

https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/index.html

ChrisA