stuck on time

RobH rob at despammer.com
Sun Dec 8 04:51:01 EST 2019

On 08/12/2019 04:37, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 20:38:20 +0000, RobH <rob at despammer.com> declaimed the
> following:
>

>> What program has or is an interactive interpreter, if it's not Thonny
>
> 	Thonny is an IDE... It might expose access to the Python interpreter
> (I've only loaded it once -- I tend to write my code using PythonWin [on
> Windows10] and FTP it to the target machine). However...
>
> 	The basic interactive interpreter is reached by starting Python in a
> command shell with no source file specified, as in...
>
> wulfraed at ElusiveUnicorn:~$ python3
> Python 3.7.3 (default, Apr  3 2019, 05:39:12)
> [GCC 8.3.0] on linux
> This is the interactive interpreter state
>>>>

> 	It is difficult to offer aid when you fail to provide complete examples
> of the problem.
>
>> def display_time():
>> 	# Collect current time and date
>> 	if(time_format):
>> 		current_time = time.strftime("%I:%M")<<< stays at this line
>> 	else:
>> 		current_time = time.strftime("%H:%M")
>>
>> 	current_date = time.strftime("%d/%m/%Y")
>>
>> 	# Clear image buffer by drawing a black filled box
>> 	draw.rectangle((0,0,width,height), outline=0, fill=0
>
> 	Fails to provide anything usable: What is "time_format"? Where is it
> defined. Where/What are "width" and "height"? Also, that line is incomplete
> -- you should be getting a syntax error on "draw.rectangle" if that is all
> you really have.
>
> 	Nothing in the provided snippet outputs anything to do with time/date.

I could not provide examples of the problem because there were none, as
the display was showing just the current time and nothing else happened
as I expected it to do according to the code.

The snippet of code you see is the code taken from the code of the said
project I linked  to in my first post.

I only provided or posted it to show what should happen next after the
time was displayed.