stuck on time

RobH rob at despammer.com
Sat Dec 7 12:48:00 EST 2019

I am trying to do this project on a pi zero:

http://frederickvandenbosch.be/?p=1365

After overcoming a few errors, I now have the display working and the
start of the code showing on the display, that being the time.

It doesn't move on to the next part of the code ie, no rectangle drawn
def display_time():
	# Collect current time and date
	if(time_format):
		current_time = time.strftime("%I:%M")<<< stays at this line
	else:
		current_time = time.strftime("%H:%M")

	current_date = time.strftime("%d/%m/%Y")

	# Clear image buffer by drawing a black filled box
	draw.rectangle((0,0,width,height), outline=0, fill=0

In the original code you can see that the author used the
Minecraftia.ttf font, but I had to download the Minecraftia-Regular.ttf
font. The link the author gave took me to that.

The Minecraft-Regular.ttf font produced errors when the code was run,
saying at the end of the error that it cannot open resource.

I then used the NotoSerif-Regular.ttf font which let the code start
without error, but as above it is stuck at the time.