Make warning an exception?

Israel Brewster ijbrewster at alaska.edu
Fri Dec 6 15:58:36 EST 2019

I was running some code and I saw this pop up in the console:

2019-12-06 11:53:54.087 Python[85524:39651849] WARNING: nextEventMatchingMask should only be called from the Main Thread! This will throw an exception in the future.

The only problem is, I have no idea what is generating that warning - I never call nextEventMatchingMask directly, so it must be getting called from one of the libraries I’m calling. Is there some way I can force python to throw an exception now, so my debugger can catch it and let me know where in my code the originating call is? I’ve tried stepping through the obvious options, with no luck so far.

---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer
Alaska Volcano Observatory