ImportError: No module named Adafruit_SSD1306 Update

RobH rob at despammer.com
Thu Dec 5 15:28:52 EST 2019

On 05/12/2019 19:40, Rhodri James wrote:
> On 05/12/2019 19:30, Rhodri James wrote:
>> On 05/12/2019 18:49, RobH wrote:
>>> Update:
>>> I did python3 Internet.py
>>> and now only get this error:
>>>
>>> pi at raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ python3 Internet.py
>>>    File "Internet.py", line 24
>>>      font = ImageFont.truetype( 'Minecraftia.ttf', 35)
>>>                                                      ^
>>> TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
>>>
>>> I cannot see what is wrong, as the text is all lined up with that
>>> above and below:
>>
>> The problem will be that you have a mix of tabs and spaces in your
>> indentation.  This causes problems because some people don't think
>> that the One True Tab Width is 8 characters ;-) so to them the
>> indentation looks ragged.  Worse, when they mix tabs and spaces, code
>> that looks to be at the same indentation level to them looks different
>> to the interpreter.  The decision was taken a while ago that Python
>> should put its foot down about this, and demand that we use either all
>> tabs or all spaces for our indentation.  That's what you've fallen
>> foul off; there must be a mix of tabs and spaces in that line!
>
> Or more likely you've used tabs on that line and spaces elsewhere, or
> vice versa.  I should have remember to say that, sorry.

Ok thanks for the explanation there, and I have placed the cursor at the
beginning of the first indented line. Moving down 1 line at a time ,
each line is at the same position upto line 157 in the authors code .
Then it is closer in to the edge upto line 190, where it goes back out
again.

What is my best course of action here now.