ImportError: No module named Adafruit_SSD1306 Update

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 14:30:31 EST 2019

On 05/12/2019 18:49, RobH wrote:
> Update:
> I did python3 Internet.py
> and now only get this error:
>
> pi at raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ python3 Internet.py
>    File "Internet.py", line 24
>      font = ImageFont.truetype( 'Minecraftia.ttf', 35)
>                                                      ^
> TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
>
> I cannot see what is wrong, as the text is all lined up with that above
> and below:

The problem will be that you have a mix of tabs and spaces in your
indentation.  This causes problems because some people don't think that
the One True Tab Width is 8 characters ;-) so to them the indentation
looks ragged.  Worse, when they mix tabs and spaces, code that looks to
be at the same indentation level to them looks different to the
interpreter.  The decision was taken a while ago that Python should put
its foot down about this, and demand that we use either all tabs or all
spaces for our indentation.  That's what you've fallen foul off; there
must be a mix of tabs and spaces in that line!

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd