ModuleNotFoundError with click module

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Mon Dec 2 03:46:37 EST 2019

Tim Johnson wrote:

>> OK. Now I have
>>
>> /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/Click-7.0.dist-info/
>>
>> which holds the following files:
>>
>> INSTALLER  LICENSE.txt  METADATA  RECORD  top_level.txt  WHEEL
>>
>> I haven't a clue as to how to proceed! Never seen this before ...

Just leave it alone ;)

>> Furthermore, google is offering me nothing conclusive.
>>
>> Where to go from here!
>
> P.S. It looks like that directory is sort of a stub; regardless of my
> take on it I am no longer having the ModuleNotFoundError.

Once you can import it you can find the actual module or package with

$ /usr/bin/python3.7 -c 'import click; print(click.__file__)'

In this case it's a package, so you'll probably see (something like)

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/__init__.py

rather than

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/