increasing the page size of a dbm store?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sun Dec 1 21:50:16 EST 2019

> Maybe port to SQLite? I would not choose dbm these days.

After sparring with it a while, I tweaked the existing job so that it
chunked things into dbm-appropriate sizes to limp through; for the
subsequent job (where I would have used dbm again) I went ahead and
switched to sqlite and had no further issues.

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning the issue in the docs for the
dbm module so others don't bump against it.  I'm not sure if the
limit is on sum(size(key) for key in db) or the number of keys total.
Just not the sort of thing I'd want someone to be depending on,
unaware of the potential pitfalls.

Thanks,

-tkc