Newbie question about Python syntax

Paul St George email at paulstgeorge.com
Thu Aug 22 16:24:28 EDT 2019

On 22/08/2019 20:02, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 8/22/2019 3:34 AM, Paul St George wrote:
>> I have the Python API for the Map Value Node here:
>> <https://docs.blender.org/api/current/bpy.types.CompositorNodeMapValue.html>.
>>

>> All well and good. Now I just want to write a simple line of code such
>> as:
>>
>> import bpy

>>  >>>print(bpy.types.CompositorNodeMapValue.max[0])
>>
>> If this works, I will do something similar for max, min, offset and
>> then size.
>
>  From this and your other responses, you seem to not understand some of
> the concepts explained in the tutorial, in particular class and class
> instance.  Perhaps you should reread the appropriate section(s), and if
> you don't understand any of the examples, ask about them here.  We are
> familiar with those, but not with CompositorNodeMapValue.

Terry,
You are right, but it is even worse than you think. I do not have a
tutorial so I have no examples to understand.

Reading Cameron et al, I have broken the problem down into:
do something (probably using the word self) that _gives_ me an instance
of CompositorNodeMapValue.

Then when I done that,
look at some of the attributes (.max, .min, .offset, .size) of the instance.

Paul