python requests get from API and post to another API and remote u'

Noah noah-list at enabled.com
Tue Aug 20 04:57:35 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am trying to migrate information and data between two systems using
their corresponding APIs. I am using python requests.

I place a get request and the response from the API is "{'id': 32,
'description': u'Firewall Outside', 'address': u'10.10.10.230/30'}"

I then take that information and attempt post it to the other API.  The
data is not accepted and the result is an HTTP 400 code.

I tried posting with postman and still rejected.

I can post to the second API if I change the data to look like this:
{"id": 32, "description": "Firewall Outside", "address": "10.10.10.230/30"}

How can I remove all u' from the get data or from the data I am
attempting to post?

Cheers\