Web framework for static pages

Tue Aug 13 05:36:25 EDT 2019

On 13/08/19 10:01 AM, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> On 12.08.2019 18:13, Brian Oney wrote:
>> On August 12, 2019 9:14:55 AM GMT+02:00, morphex <morphex at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>> What frameworks are there for generating static web pages in Python?
>> I have used:
>> https://github.com/Frozen-Flask/Frozen-Flask
>> It's pretty simple. Develop with flask and then "freeze" it.
>>
>> I am looking forward to further answers.
>
> OK, so now I know Flask can freeze applications. With Zope and Plone, I
> have a lot of what I need in terms of web application development.
>
> What I guess I'm looking for, is something that will help create a
> static website, in a simple and efficient manner.  Without being bloated.

Which have you examined and rejected/like?

> I don't have a lot of hair on my head, but I would be pulling it out
> because of some of the websites I see today, their heavy-handed use of
> different Javascript frameworks etc.

True!

> How would I go about creating a simple website with a front page, an
> about page, a product page and a contact page?  Without any server-side
> handling of data, so it could be entirely served by for example Apache.

There are a thousand and one web-sites and training courses which
discuss these topics!

> And with it having well-formed XHTML, proper CSS, little Javascript,
> scaling to different screen and web browsers (wow, it's been so long I
> forgot it was called responsive design) and so on, being a nice little
> package.

Don't even think about XHTML. HTML5!

Yes, "responsive".

As said, there's plenty 'out there'. Today's InBox included reference to
  <<<pelican
Static site generator that supports Markdown and reST syntax. Powered by
Python.>>>
https://github.com/getpelican

It seems they make good use of a number of Python features, which will
presumably reduce learning-time for Pythonista!
--
Regards =dn