Help with tkinter

Ahmad Adam Kabbara kabbaraahmadadam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 07:02:35 EDT 2019

I am having trouble with tkinter can you please help

help with tkinter
Inbox
adam kabbara
to python-list at python.org
8 days ago
Details

Hello I am having trouble with tkinter when I enter the command from
tkinter import* I get an error message

10

2 attachments
[image: Attachment]
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=16c4d60668c53750&attid=0.1&disp=attd&safe=1&zw>
Sketch.png
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=16c4d60668c53750&attid=0.1&disp=attd&safe=1&zw>
  ·  Print
<http://www.google.com/cloudprint/client/mobile.html?source=sp&user=0&hl=en&title=Sketch.png&msg=16c4d60668c53750&attid=0.1>
[image: Attachment]
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=16c4d60668c53750&attid=0.2&disp=attd&safe=1&zw>
Sketch..png
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=16c4d60668c53750&attid=0.2&disp=attd&safe=1&zw>
  ·  Print
<http://www.google.com/cloudprint/client/mobile.html?source=sp&user=0&hl=en&title=Sketch..png&msg=16c4d60668c53750&attid=0.2>
adam kabbara
Sent from Mail for Windows 10 From: adam kabbara Sent: August 1, 2019 4:30
PM To: python-list at python.org Subject: help with tkinter Hello I am havi...
Rhodri James
to python-list
8 days ago
Details
Hi there, Adam!

On 01/08/2019 14:31, adam kabbara wrote:

> Hello I am having trouble with tkinter when I enter the command from
> tkinter import* I get an error message

What *exactly* did you type?  Please cut-and-paste from your console/editor
into the email, don't just retype it.  If you did literally type "from
tkinter import*" then Python is probably complaining that it doesn't know
what "import*" means because you missed out a space!

Also, what *exactly* was the error message?  Again, please cut-and-paste.
Python usually gives you a pretty good indication of what you did wrong; if
you show us, we can help you get used to interpreting it for yourself.

Happy coding!

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd
Chris Angelico
Actually, Python's fine with that, but the principle is still valid: be
specific about what you entered and what Python replied. ChrisA
Rhodri James
Fair enough. I should try out "obvious syntax errors" before I declare them
as such.
Wildman via Python-list
What was the error and what version of Python are you using? For Python 2
you need... from Tkinter import*
Ahmad Adam Kabbara
so when I write from tkinter import* t=Tk() tkinter.colorchooser.askcolor()
I get this error message Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Us...
Ahmad Adam Kabbara
to Wildman, python-list
3 hours ago
Details
so when I write from
tkinter import*
t=Tk()
tkinter.colorchooser.askcolor()
I get this error message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\kabba\Desktop\color and coordinates.py", line 3, in
<module>
    tkinter.colorchooser.askcolor()
NameError: name 'tkinter' is not defined
I also tried another way
from tkinter.colorchooser import*
colorchooser.askcolor()
and I also got an error message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
    colorchooser.askcolor()
NameError: name 'colorchooser' is not defined
the only time it worked is when I typed
from tkinter import colorchooser
colorchooser.askcolor()