help with tkinter

Ahmad Adam Kabbara kabbaraahmadadam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 03:34:34 EDT 2019

so when I write from
tkinter import*
t=Tk()
tkinter.colorchooser.askcolor()
I get this error message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\kabba\Desktop\color and coordinates.py", line 3, in
<module>
    tkinter.colorchooser.askcolor()
NameError: name 'tkinter' is not defined
I also tried another way
from tkinter.colorchooser import*
colorchooser.askcolor()
and I also got an error message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
    colorchooser.askcolor()
NameError: name 'colorchooser' is not defined
the only time it worked is when I typed
from tkinter import colorchooser
colorchooser.askcolor()

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 7:30 PM Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there, Adam!
>
> On 01/08/2019 14:31, adam kabbara wrote:
> > Hello I am having trouble with tkinter when I enter the command from
> tkinter import* I get an error message
>
> What *exactly* did you type?  Please cut-and-paste from your
> console/editor into the email, don't just retype it.  If you did
> literally type "from tkinter import*" then Python is probably
> complaining that it doesn't know what "import*" means because you missed
> out a space!
>
> Also, what *exactly* was the error message?  Again, please
> cut-and-paste.  Python usually gives you a pretty good indication of
> what you did wrong; if you show us, we can help you get used to
> interpreting it for yourself.
>
> Happy coding!
>

> --
> Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd