Installing python3 packages using pip

Richard Moseley richardmoseley4 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 12:25:58 EDT 2019

You will need to have to install python3-pip (or equivalent on your
repository) to install the version of pip suitable for use with python 3.x.
The program is usually installed as 'pip3' so substitute 'pip' for 'pip3'
to install or upgrade Pypy packages.
Of course, if possible always create a new 'venv' and install the packages
in there instead of the system, it avoids polluting the environment and
makes it easier to tidy up unwanted packages at a later stage.

Hope this helps, Richard Moseley.