Remote/Pair-Programming in-the-cloud

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 01:03:08 EDT 2019

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 4:11 AM DL Neil <PythonList at danceswithmice.info> wrote:

> Please recommend a Python-friendly, bandwidth-respectful, (but
> effective) system for pair-programming; where the 'pair' are
> geographically separate.

At work (not programming related) my department has just started using
GoToMeeting.  So far it has worked well.  It can transmit audio and
share one's screen.  The host can choose to share with the remote
person a particular application, his keyboard and mouse or the whole
shebang.  I don't know how bandwidth intensive it might be, but our
intranet bandwidth is often less capable than what I have at home.
Also I believe it is a paid service.

boB