Generating generations of files

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:12:28 EDT 2019

On 2019-04-29, DL Neil <PythonList at DancesWithMice.info> wrote:

> Are you aware of a library/utility which will generate and maintain the
> file names of multiple generations of a file?

Well, the FILES-11 filesystem on VAX/VMS did that automatically, but
that's probably not too helpful. Though I guess Python is actually
available for OpenVMS, and the porting of OpenVMS to AMD64 (aka
x86-64) is progressing: https://www.vmssoftware.com/updates_port.html

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! They collapsed
                                  at               ... like nuns in the