Running virtualenv to set the ENV

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 24 19:50:40 EDT 2019

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019, Chris Angelico wrote:

> Can be either way. What I do is "python3 -m venv env" in the app
> directory, which creates a subdirectory called "env". (I also have some
> bash integration that means that any time it sees a directory called
> "env", it auto-activates that venv.) So the venv is inside the app (and,
> of course, mentioned in .gitignore).

ChrisA,

Thanks for sharing your approach. Rather than use the built-in venv I
installed virtualenv in the project's root directory (and added bin/,
include/, and lib/ in .gitignore).

While it's working (I activate it when ready to work on the code and
deactivate it when done), I'm still struggling to figure out the proper
syntax to import a module that's in another package.

Regards,

Rich